SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment Official Notification Out! (60 mins – Exam Pattern!)
Staff Selection Commission has officially released the SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment Notification. The SSC CGL Tier I exam will take place from 1st August 2017 to 20th August 2017 in different slots. The SSC had first given an advertisement in newspapers, now they have released the Official Notification on SSC Website. Read this article, to know more about SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment. There are a total of 4733 vacancies that will be filled this year. Those who missed the SSC CGL 2016 Exam, here is another chance knocking at your doorstep to shape your career. You can fill the online application form for SSC CGL 2017 through the direct link in a single click.
* The Exam Pattern has been modified by Staff Selection Commission. The Duration of Tier I Exam has been changed from 75 minutes to 60 minutes!
#1. SSC CGL Exam Date, etc.
|Starting Date of
|16th May 2017|
|Last Date of
|16th June 2017|
|Tier 1 Exam||1st August 2017 to
20th August 2017
|Tier 2 Exam
|Tier 3 Exam
|21st January 2018|
|Tier 4 Exam
#2. SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment – Vacancies
Staff Selection Commission has released the List of Vacancies that will be filled after this SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment. There are a total 4733 vacancies this year.
#3. SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment – Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualifications (As on 1st August 2017)
- Essential Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute.
- Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant/cost & Management Accountant/Company Secretary/ Masters I Commerce/Masters in Business Studies/Masters in Business Administration (Finance)/Masters in
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
SSC CGL 2017 Age Limit (As on 1st August 2017):
|Max 32 yrs|
|Assistant in CSS||20 – 27 yrs|
|Assistant in IB||21 – 30 yrs|
Officer / SI in CBI / SI
|SI in Central Bureau
|20 – 27 yrs|
|All Other posts||18 – 27 yrs|
For the age limit of individual post see the full notification. You can also check the official Age Limit for SSC CGL 2017 Exam Registration
#4. SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure
The SSC CGL Exam pattern consists of 4 Stages as mentioned below:
Stage 1: SSC CGL Tier-1
→ It is a computer based online test of 200 marks in 60 minutes of time duration. There is a negative marking of 0.50 Marks for each wrong answer. There is no sectional cut off.
(For VH &
Stage 2: SSC CGL Tier-2
→ This is an online based examination consisting of 4 papers as mentioned in the table. There is no sectional cut off. The negative marking for each wrong answer as follow:
Paper I , Paper III & Paper IV – 0.5 marks
Paper II – 0.25 marks
(Paper I & II as above)
(Finance & Economics,
Paper I & II as above )
Stage 3: SSC CGL Tier-3
→ This is a descriptive type paper of 100 marks and will be conducted in Pen and Paper mode. It will be of total 60 minutes of time duration.
Stage 4: SSC CGL Tier-4
→ Tier-IV of the SSC CGL Examination is Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test (CPT). This test is of qualifying nature. The DEST test is for the Tax Assistant Post only.
The merit list will be prepared on overall performance of student in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III but you have to qualify all the tiers (i.e Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III) separately.
5. How to Apply for SSC CGL 2017
The SSC CGL Online filling up of application will start from 16th May 2017 to 16th June 2017. The link is active now on the official website of SSC .
- Click on the direct link provided above.
- Click on the new registration button & fill the necessary details.
- Upon completion of registration, you will receive a registration number & password. Note it down for future use.
- Now complete the remaining registration process by entering your qualification details, uploading your photo & signature.
- Complete the last step by making your payment (either by online mode or offline mode).
- Your SSC CGL 2017 Application Form is filled now.
#6. Application Fees
You can pay the fees through online mode from 16th May 2017 to 16th June 2017 (5.00PM). Those who want to pay fees through offline mode can make payment through challan of SBI bank till 19th June 2017 provided the challan has been generated before 5.00 PM of 16th June 2017.
GEN/OBC – Rs 100/-
SC/ST/PH/Ex-Servicemen/Woman – No Fees