TOUGH PUZZLE SET 03
Directions (6-10):Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow.
Ten persons are sitting in two parallel rows containing five persons each. In row 1, Amitabh, Rakesh , Akshay, Arti and Ritesh are sitting and all of them are facing south. In row 2, Jaya, Poonam, Twinkle, Gaurav and Jenelia are sitting and all of them are facing north. In the given seating arrangement, each member seated in a row faces another member of the other row. Moreover, each of them belongs to different cities — Meerut, Gurgaon, Begusarai, Hajipur, Noida, Cuttack, Banaras, Haridwar, Allahabad and Mednipur but not necessarily in the same order.
There are only two persons sitting between the person from Merrut, who sits at an extreme end, and Ritesh. Jaya, who sits in the middle of the row, is not an immediate neighbour of Poonam, who is not from Mednipur. Jenelia is sitting at an extreme end. Ritesh, from Noida , sits on the immediate right of the person from Gurgaon and faces the immediate neighhour of Poonam. Rakesh is not sitting at the extreme left end. Jaya is not from Allahabad. There is only one person between Akshay and Arti, who is from Meerut. Gaurav, from Cuttack, is an immediate neighbour of the person from Mednipur and does not face the person from Begusarai.Twinkle, who is from Hajipur, is an immediate neighbour of the person from Allahabad, who in turn faces the immediate neighbour of the person from Noida. There are two persons between the person from Banarasand the person from Begusarai. Rakesh is not from Banaras. Jenelia is not from Haridwar.
- Amitabh belongs to which of the following cities?
4) None of these
5) Can’t be determined
- Who is from Haridwar?
5) Can’t be determined
- ‘Merrut’ is related to ‘Banaras’ in a certain way, based on their seating positions. Then Mednipur is related to whom, following the same seating positions?
- Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on their seating positions and so form a group. Which of the following is different from the group?
- Which of the following statements is/are definitely false?
1) Rakesh is from Begusarai.
2) There are two persons sitting between the person from cuttack and the person from Allahabad.
3) The person from Gurgaon faces the person from Haridwar .
4) The person who is from Allahabad sits opposite the person from Merrut.
5) All are true